BA University of Chicago
JD Boston College
PhD University of Southern California
British Academy Global Professor of Political Science and International Relations, Royal Holloway, University of London, 2020-
Head of Department of Politics, International Relations, and Philosophy, Royal Holloway, University of London 2022-
Professor of Political Science, University of Florida, 2019-2022
Associate Professor of Political Science, 2012-2019
Colonel Allen R. and Margaret G. Crow Term Professor, University of Florida, 2015-2016
Research Fellow, Women and Public Policy Program, Harvard University, Kennedy School of Government, 2015-2016
Assistant Professor, Political Science, University of Florida, 2009-2012
Faculty Research Affiliate, Women and Public Policy Program, Harvard University, Kennedy School of Government, 2008-2011
Assistant Professor, Political Science, Virginia Tech, 2007-2009
Visiting Scholar, Institute for Research on Women and Gender, University of Michigan, 2008
Visiting Assistant Professor, Political Science, Duke University, 2006-2007
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, 2005-2006
Visiting Assistant Professor, Women’s Studies, Merrimack College, 2006
Lecturer, Politics , Brandeis University, 2005
Areas of Research, Teaching, Speaking, and Media Consulting
Feminist International Relations: gender and international security, gender and political leadership, women’s violence in global politics, gender and terrorism, gender and war ethics
International Security: just war theorizing, war ethics, civilian victimization, terrorism studies
Law: race, gender, and intersectionality; international law
Gender and Civilian Victimization (with Jessica Peet, Routledge, 2019)
International Relations’ Last Synthesis (with J. Samuel Barkin, Oxford University Press, 2019)
Women as Wartime Rapists (New York University Press, 2016)
Beyond Mothers, Monsters, Whores (with Caron Gentry, Zed Books, 2015)
Gender War and Conflict (Polity, 2014)
Gendering Global Conflict: Toward a Feminist Theory of War (Columbia University Press, 2013)
Mothers, Monsters, Whores (with Caron Gentry, Zed Books, 2007)
Gender, Justice, and the Wars in Iraq (Lexington Books, 2006)
Handbook on Gender and Security (with Laura Shepherd and Caron Gentry, Routledge, 2018)
Interpretive Quantification (with J. Samuel Barkin, Michigan, 2018)
Gender and Crisis in Global Politics (Routledge, 2017)
Women, Gender, and Terrorism (with Caron Gentry, University of Georgia Press, 2011)
Feminism and International Relations (with J. Ann Tickner, Routledge, 2011)
Gender, War, and Militarism (with Sandra Via, Praeger Security International, 2010)
Feminist Theory and Gender Studies Section of the International Studies Compendium (Blackwell, 2010)
Gender and International Security (Routledge, 2010)
Rethinking the 21st Century (with Amy Eckert, Zed Books, 2009)
- Homebase Editor, International Feminist Journal of Politics (with Cynthia Weber and Heidi Hudson), 2011-2017.
- Editor, International Studies Review, 2015-2017; Associate Editor, International Studies Review, 2013-2015.
Oxford Studies in International Relations (with J. Ann Tickner)
Perspectives on Political Violence (with Cameron G. Thies, New York University Press)
Gender and Global Security (with Caron Gentry, Routledge)
Journal Special Issues
- “Faking It in 21st Century IR/Global Politics,” Forum in Millennium: Journal of International Politics 45(1) (2016): 80-130.
- (with Caron Gentry) “Everyday Violence, Gender, and Terrorism,” special section of Critical Studies on Terrorism 8(3) (2015): 358-455.
- (with Cynthia Weber) “Queer International Relations,” Forum in International Studies Review, 16(4), December 2014: 596-622.
- (with Jennifer Lobasz) “The State of Feminist Security Studies,” Edited Critical Perspectives section of Politics and Gender, December 2011, 7(4):573-604.
- “Security Studies: Feminist Contributions,” Edited Special Issue of the Journal Security Studies, 18(2), July 2009, 183-369.
RelationsInternational (www.relationsinternational.com), 2014-
Duck of Minerva (www.duckofminerva.com), 2007-2014
For all other information, see attached PDF. I’ve given up on the intricate web formatting for the rest of it :).